WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Nearly Two Dozen Escape Duplex Fire

Nearly two dozen people escape a burning duplex. Flames broke out at 107 Locust St. in Cynthiana around 5:00am Wednesday.

Assistant Cynthiana Fire Chief Charles Carson tells 27NEWSFIRST the fire was started by an electrical problem. Carson said 19 to 21 people were in the home at the time, including children. They all made it out safely.

The top floor of the home was destroyed and the home is now unlivable because they cut the power off.

The fire department, Red Cross, and Salvation Army are all trying to get accommodations for the displaced residents.


WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 30622694 - wkyt.com/a?a=30622694