Elevator Fire Forces Guests From Hotel

Hundreds of people staying at a Lexington hotel are now back in their rooms.

A fire broke out in an elevator at the Four Points Sheraton on Stanton Way early Friday morning.

While the fire was quickly contained, smoke caused the largest problem.

A hotel maintenance worker was able to get fire knocked out with a fire extinguisher.

The 300 people inside the hotel had to be evacuated for a short time.

The elevator's motor will have to be replaced.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus