The flames broke out at Livingston Manor Apartments around 7:00pm Tuesday. The Livingston Fire Chief told 27NEWSFIRST the fire started in Irene Lawson's bed. She did have an oxygen tank in the room, which then exploded. But, firefighters say because there was so much smoke in the room, the tank did not blow up.
The flames were contained to Lawson's room and there was little damage to the other units. Lawson suffered a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. There is no word on her condition.