A gas leak caused a traffic headache in Lexington on Friday afternoon. It shut down Versailles Road at Garrett Avenue.
Columbia gas says crews were working in the area and accidentally hit a gas line.
Crews spent some time, working to divert the gas in the area.
Police and fire were on the scene, helping direct traffic.
Several homes were evacuated as a precaution and a nearby nursing home was put on standby.
Gas officials say there was no danger to people in the area. The road reopened at around 3:00 Friday afternoon.