Chimney Fire Spreads Through Home

A family's effort to try to keep warm apparently started an early Monday morning fire in Harrison County.

Firefighters say part of the Poplar Street home's chimney caught fire.

It spread to the floor.

Fortunately, one person inside was able to get the fire out before firefighters arrived by knocking the wall out and using a fire extinguisher.

The family was able to spend the night in the home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 34575759 - wkyt.com/a?a=34575759
Gray Television, Inc.