Family of Murder Suspect Accused of Killing Grandmother Speaks

By  | 

The family of a Lexington woman accused of killing her grandmother in her own home is speaking only to 27 NEWSFIRST about the crime.

It's been a hard couple of weeks for Lille McGlothen. On November 30th her mother, Marilyn Hegge, who she says would do anything for anyone, was found beaten to death in her Lexington home on her 78th birthday.

"I was very shocked. I just can't believe this time would come for mom to be gone way too soon", says Lillie McGlothen.

For over a week, McGlothen hoped they would find who did this to her mom. Then Tuesday night, she and her husband got the news police arrested her daughter, 22-year-old Heather McGlothen, for the crime.

"She loved her grandma very much. They argued, yes, but she would have never done this on her own. She loved her grandma too much", says Lillie McGlothen.

Heather McGlothen's boyfriend, 26-year-old Dominique Lewis, was also arrested for the murder, who her family says didn't see eye to eye with Marilyn Hegge.

They say he tried to stay with Heather a number of times, and Hegge didn't approve.

"She didn't want Dominique in there at night, but he would sneak in and stay all night", says Heather McGlothen's step-father, Henry Kilburn.

As for Heather's involvement in the crime, her family says she is bipolar and hasn't been taking her medication. They say she just needs help.

"I would like to see Heather, instead of going to prison, to be evaluated by a psychiatrist", says Henry Kilburn.

"I know she was involved in what happened but she is a very loving girl and did love her Grandma very much. She loved her kids and all of us can't believe this happened", says Lille McGlothen.

Along with murder, Heather McGlothen and Dominique Lewis were also charged with burglary, fraudulent use of a credit card, and tampering with physical evidence.

Wednesday night David Lewis, the brother of Dominique Lewis, was also arrested in connection with this crime. He is charged with burglary and tampering with physical evidence.

Today he appeared in court where he pleaded not guilty to the charges.