A Scott County family is bringing in the new year with a devastating loss after their house went up in flames, along with some Christmas presents they say were still under the tree.
The home caught fire Thursday afternoon in rural Scott County, north of Sadieville.
The call came in around 12:30pm. Six units from the Scott County Fire Department arrived on scene soon after. When crews arrived, they say the flames were shooting out of the roof and windows. The flames could even be seen from the interstate.
The home is a total loss but fortunately no one was inside the home.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.