WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Investigators Look Into Deadly Fire

Food left on the stove may be what started a fire that killed a northern Kentucky man.

Maysville Police say the flames broke out at around 4:10 Monday morning at an apartment on Springwood Drive.

Investigators say 52-year-old Charles Martin died from smoke inhalation after leaving a pot unattended on the stove .

Investigators say the damage was mostly contained to the kitchen and was put out quickly.

Martin was found on a bedroom. Investigators think he was asleep when the fire broke out.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37822709 - wkyt.com/a?a=37822709