WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Family Escapes Burning Home

A family is safe after their home caught fire on Tuesday morning.

It happened on South Winn Avenue in Irvine.

Family members on the scene tell us a husband, wife and their one-month-old daughter were in the home at the time.

They were washing and drying clothes when they smelled smoke. The parents opened a cupboard above the dryer and flames shot out.

Fire crews got a quick handle on the situation

The family was not injured. They were able to get some of their belongings out of the home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37881424 - wkyt.com/a?a=37881424