WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Two Hospitalized Following Carbon Monoxide Leak

The wintry weather turned dangerous for some people trying to stay warm early Wednesday morning.

An apparent carbon monoxide leak sent two people to the hospital.

Firefighters were called to the home on North Limestone in Lexington where they found two people unresponsive.

We're told a propane heater may have been used to heat the home.

The patients' names haven't been released.

The Lexington Fire Department recommends people check their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Firefighters also say generators should never be operated inside a home, including the garage or basement.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 38528547