WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Prominent Danville Business Man Killed By Carbon Monoxide

By: Sherelle Roberts Email
By: Sherelle Roberts Email

Danville man John Stigall was found dead in this home off old Shakertown early Friday.

The Boyle County Coroner says, he was overcome by carbon monoxide gas that had filled the home, when a door ventilating the building likely was shut by the wind.

He was discovered by a friend, looking to help him collect tree branches on the property. The Danville native was known for his business savvy as a banker and the head of the Boyle County Industrial foundation. Danville Mayor Hugh Coomer says Stigall was also a philanthropist.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39243197