WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Carbon Monoxide Sends Several To Hospital

A carbon monoxide scare at a Richmond strip mall sends several people to the hospital.

Fire officials say generators had been running inside one of the suites all weekend. Employees at Kort Physical Therapy noticed a strange smell when they got to work this morning.

A Richmond firefighter happened to show up for physical therapy and realized the smell was carbon monoxide.

Several people were taken to the hospital and released.

Fire officials say the generators were running in a closed-off room.

Officials remind people to never operate a generator indoors.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39332752