A western Kentucky girl is back home after a hospital stay for E. coli poisoning. She apparently had eaten tainted spinach, which has sickened more than 100 people nationwide.
Her father says 12-year-old Alaina Dressman was admitted on
Tuesday night, but not diagnosed until Thursday. She spent three days at the Children's Hospital in Cincinnati and returned home on Friday.
Her father, Dan Dressman, says he couldn't figure out what was wrong with her when she began suffering cramping and dehydration.
Three other people have been sickened in Kentucky, and there have been 102 reported cases throughout the country.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.