Toddler Suffers Third-Degree Burns In House Fire

A terrifying morning for an Ashland family when a toddler suffers third-degree burns in a house fire.

Fire officials say they believe the fire started in the child's room around 8 a.m. The 1 1/2 year old girl suffered third-degree burns to her hands and face. She had to be flown to Cabell-Huntington Hospital.

Officials say witnesses claim seeing flames shooting from the home about 40 to 50 feet in the air.

We're told the child's father rescued the child from her burning room and possibly suffered burns of his own.

The parents then escaped the home and ran to a neighbors house, where they borrowed clothes.

After battling the flames for about an hour, firefighters were able to put the fire out. But the flames were too much for the home. The home was gutted inside and the roof collapsed.

The infant's name has not been released at this time.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus