WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Toddler Recovering After Being Burned In Fire

We're learning new information about a toddler badly injured in a house fire.

16-month-old Shayla Mullins' grandfather tells the Ashland Daily Independent that the toddler is in a pediatric intensive care unit.

He says Mullins will need skin grafts to heal from the second and third degree burns she suffered in the fire.

Fire crews say the fire, which started in the girl's room, was likely sparked by a space heater.

It broke out Tuesday morning at the home on Barton Court in Ashland.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39784257