A baby, severely burned in a house fire in eastern Kentucky, has died from her injuries.
16-month-old Shayla Mullins was injured Tuesday morning when the flames broke out at her home on Barton Court in Ashland.
The fire appears to have started near a heater in the baby's room. The Ashland Daily Independent reports firefighters say it appears the heater was not faulty, but something may have fallen against it.
Shayla's parents rescued her from her burning room, but not before she suffered serious burns.
Little Shayla died at a local hospital in the pediatric intensive care unit.