16-Month-Old Dies, Days After Fire

A baby, severely burned in a house fire in eastern Kentucky, has died from her injuries.

16-month-old Shayla Mullins was injured Tuesday morning when the flames broke out at her home on Barton Court in Ashland.

The fire appears to have started near a heater in the baby's room. The Ashland Daily Independent reports firefighters say it appears the heater was not faulty, but something may have fallen against it.

Shayla's parents rescued her from her burning room, but not before she suffered serious burns.

Little Shayla died at a local hospital in the pediatric intensive care unit.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39912452 - wkyt.com/a?a=39912452
Gray Television, Inc.