Family Escapes Overnight Fire Sparked By Cigarette

A family woke up just in time early Wednesday morning to escape their burning Nicholasville home.

Firefighters say a man fell asleep while smoking a cigarette inside his home on Orange Blossom Court in the Orchard subdivision.

A smoke detector eventually woke up a woman and two children also inside the home.

The man who was smoking suffered minor burns to an arm and stomach.

He went to the hospital to be checked out.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 41082167 -
Gray Television, Inc.