Man Dies After Clothes Catch Fire

PADUCAH, Ky. (AP) - A man burning tree limbs at his home in western Kentucky suffered fatal injuries when his clothes caught fire.

The Paducah Sun reports that 63-year-old Johnny Downs apparently died of acute heart failure from third-degree burns on Tuesday afternoon. Coroner Dan Sims says he is awaiting a toxicology report
before giving a final ruling on Downs' death.

Police say Downs was in his Paducah backyard when the fire got out of control. McCracken County Sheriff's Detective Tom Emery says Downs tried to stomp out the flames. He was able to get away from the main blaze before collapsing.

Police say Downs had heart problems.
Information from: The Paducah Sun,

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus