WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Cigarette Sparks Fire That Damages Lexington Landmark

A Lexington landmark is damaged by flames Monday afternoon.

The old Coach House, on South Broadway, is now an Italian restaurant named Cassanova's. Fire officials say it caught fire just after 3:00 p.m. and only hours later investigators were able to determine that a cigarette is what caused the fire.

Fire investigators say the fire started in the back of the building near the kitchen where two people were working when the fire broke out. Both employees did make it out of the building safely.

We're told there is damage to the roof and attic of the structure, and say the restaurant would likely be closed for several days in order to make repairs.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 41712222 - wkyt.com/a?a=41712222
Gray Television, Inc.