Jessamine County Family Burned Out Of Home

Nothing is left of a Central Kentucky home that went up in flames late Monday night.

Firefighters were called to the home on Laughlin Road in Keene just before midnight.

When they arrived, flames were shooting from the home's roof.

The woman who lives in the home says her smoke detector first went off around 9:00 p.m.

She didn't see any smoke and thought the detector's batteries needed to be replaced.

Two hours later, the woman saw smoke coming from the laundry room, where firefighters think the fire started.

The cause hasn't been determined.

The woman and two children were not injured.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus