Fire Starts In Chimney, Heavily Damages Home

A man says he was simply trying to heat his home when it ended up catching fire.

It happened around two Wednesday morning on Adams Lane in Scott County. That's just of Leestown Road, near the Fayette and Woodford County lines.

The man told investigators he lit a fire in his fireplace, and that somehow spread through the chimney, and into the attic.The upstairs of the home suffered heavy damage.

We're told three to four people were inside the home when the fire started, but everyone made it out safely.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus