Emergency workers rushed to the Fifth-Third building in downtown Lexington, after a water leak caused a chlorine cloud to form.
Officials tell us a couple of people inside the building had to be treated for breathing difficulties. Officials also had to block off traffic on Main Street, between Mill and Upper.
It all started with a water leak in the Fifth-Third Bank building at 250 W. Main Street involving a bucket of chlorine, Friday morning.
The leak caused a limited chlorine release, which led to a partial evacuation of the building. The Lexington-Fayette Fire Hazardous Materials Unit worked the scene all morning.
Witnesses say a chlorine odor was outside, but was not deemed harmful. Citizens were advised to avoid the area if possible.
The building has been cleaned and Main St. is back open.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply