Police at Eastern Kentucky University are looking into a reported sexual assault on campus.
A female student told campus police she was sexually assaulted while sleeping in her dorm room.
The woman says the crime happened around 4 a.m. Tuesday in Keene Hall.
The victim wasn't able to give police a description of the man.
• Immediately report suspicious persons loitering around University facilities.
• If you become the victim of a crime, do not try to physically detain or apprehend the criminal. Report the incident immediately to the EKU Police Department at 911 or (859) 622-2821.
• Stay alert and trust your instincts - If you feel uneasy, leave.
• On or off campus, walk/jog/bike in groups of three or more in well-lit and well-traveled areas. After dark on campus, call the campus shuttle or for a walking escort.
• Scan the area before you exit or approach your vehicle/building and while you proceed between sites.
• Have your key ready in hand to quickly access the door of your vehicle/building.
• If strangers approach, maintain a distance and be observant. If they are in a vehicle, get the license plate number, if possible.
• Lock doors and windows of your room/building. Do not prop open doors or let strangers in.