Investigators say a meth lab explosion sparked a fire that damaged a southern Kentucky hotel.
The fire gutted a room at the Economy Inn in Somerset and displaced others who lived in apartments there.
The fire broke out just after 11:00 Sunday night.
People who live at the Economy Inn say they saw flames coming out of one of the rooms and the people who lived there, desperately trying to escape the danger.
"I opened up my door and I see a guy. His pant legs were on fire. He came running out of his room. They put him out," said Charles Bradley, who was displaced by the fire.
But Bradley says there were then several explosions and a larger ball of fire quickly overtook the room. He and his neighbors sat outside when their rooms where evacuated, wondering where they were going to spend the rest of the night.
Firefighters now say the man and woman who lived in the room fled and scene, and the injured man, who has been identified as 41-year-old Jody Lynn Glover, wasn't found until Monday morning, hiding behind a nearby garage. He is now at a local hospital being treated for 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
Police say they will present their findings to a grand jury seeking indictments against Glover and the woman with him, who they are not identifying.
The Red Cross did put up the displaced residents at the Somerset Super 8, and are now paying for rooms at another motel until they can move back in to the Economy Inn. Many of the rooms there are actually apartments or temporary housing units.