Great Loss For Family After Their Danville Home Catches Fire

Danville firefighters say a home on 1107 Riva Ridge caught fire just before 5:30 Saturday morning. Officials say the owners were home when the fire began, and luckily they were able to escape in time.

Officials tell us the home's smoke alarms were working, but the family says they didn't hear them go off. Nobody was injured in the fire, but a small kitten did die. Fire officials say the fire started at a sofa in the family room.

So far the cause of fire has not been confirmed, but smoke materials is suspected to be the cause of the fire. We're told the home has moderate smoke damage and that all items in the home were a total loss.

Danville Firefighters say this fire is the 5th fire this week.