Family Loses Home To Fire; Hydrant Didn't Work

A Lincoln County family is homeless after a fire nearly burned their home to the ground. The family returned from vacation to find the mess.

Jeremy Boyle says his family lost everything but the clothes they had packed while they were in pigeon forge.

Now, the Boyle family is staying in an apartment.

Jeremy Boyle says he wants to know why a fire hydrant less than a hundred yards from his home didn't work.

The fire hydrant belongs to the city of Houstonville.

Houstonville Mayor Larry Doss would only comment that he's glad no one was hurt in the fire.