WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Child awakens family to overnight fire

A little girl's quick thinking may have saved the lives of her family members during an early Friday morning fire.

The fire broke out in the dryer of their home on Monida Court, off Pimlico Parkway, in Lexington.

Little McKenzie Florence woke up to use the restroom, noticed the fire and went to wake up her mom.

The laundry room of the house has extensive damage with heavy smoke damage throughout the home.

Two pets survived, but one cat died.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 52185017 - wkyt.com/a?a=52185017