A county worker woke a Scott County family up just in time so they could get out of their burning home early Wednesday morning.
The worker was checking for hazardous road conditions when he saw smoking coming from the home on U.S. 25 across from Mallard Point, north of Georgetown.
The worker, Charles Hanson, knocked on the home's front door and got the people inside to safety.
Hanson tells 27 NEWSFIRST he doesn't consider himself a hero.
The people inside the home were not hurt.
They say they did not have a smoke detector.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.