A gas leak at an apartment building in Jessamine County sent two people to the hospital and forced an entire building evacuation.
Vandalism is what some employees of the Three Coins Apartments in Nicholasville say is to blame for a early morning gas leak.
The gas leak caused tenants to be evacuated from the building for nearly an hour.
"I smelled it strongly when I came out in the hall and the next thing I knew the fire department was here", says Garnett Burchett, who lives in the apartment building.
Two people were sent to the hospital.
"There was a couple that went to the hospital, I guess because of smelling the fumes. A baby and a teenage girl", says Sharlon Flinchum, a tenant.
Building employees say the leak was found in the laundry room and they believe it came from vandalism.
They say the dryer in the laundry room has been damaged before from someone trying to steal money and copper has been stolen from the appliance in another building.
"Evidently someone moved one of the older dryers around and busted the gas lines that went through it", says Sharlon Flinchum.
Employees say they have notified police to hopefully find whoever is responsible. As for the tenants, they say they're just glad the gas leak wasn't any worse.
"I was just worried I wasn't gonna have a home because gas is not something to fool with", says Sharlon Flinchum.
Employees with this apartment complex say they have posted a sign in the laundry room offering a $200 dollar reward to anyone that has information that leads to the arrest of who caused the vandalism that caused the gas leak.
As for the two people taken to the hospital, they were released and are reported to be doing okay.
AS FOR THE TWO PEOPLE TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL THIS MORNING FROM THAT GAS LEAK....THEY HAVE BEEN RELEASED AND ARE REPORTED TO BE DOING FINE.