Several fire companies were called to the scene of a house fire Wednesday afternoon on 933 Whitney Ave. in Lexington.
We're told the fire started at that home then quickly spread to the home next door because they were so close to each other.
Fire officials say a mother and her son were in the home and were screaming for help. That's when two passers-by heard the cries for help, broke through the front door and pulled the two out from the burning home.
Both the mother and son were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The two men who saved the two trapped in the home are being called heroes.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply