Child Burned With Boiling Water; Uncle Charged

Mark Campbell

A central Kentucky man faces charges after a young child in his care was hospitalized with burns.

Police say Mark Campbell was cooking potatoes on a hot plate in his Winchester apartment. Police say the two-year old girl tripped over an extension cord and landed in the pot of boiling water, which was sitting on the floor.

Campbell faces reckless endangerment charges in connection with the incident. He pleaded not guilty in court this morning.

He's the uncle of the little girl. She's listed in serious condition at UK Medical Center.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus