Fire Leads To Evacuation At Lexington Hotel

An unexpected wake up call this morning for guests at a Lexington hotel.

A fire at the Ramada Inn on North Broadway forced people staying there to evacuate the building for a while.

There was some confusion among guests about whether or not to leave their rooms. The fire alarm did go off, but fire officials say someone in the hotel's office turned it off. Some guests either stayed in their rooms or went back inside when the alarm stopped sounding.

Fire officials had to go door to door, to tell people they had to leave the building.

Fire officials say the fire started in some mulch outside the building. They aren't sure how the mulch caught fire, but say it could have been a cigarette. The outside of the building caught fire which then spread into the walls of the hotel.

No one was injured in the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6574417 - wkyt.com/a?a=6574417
Gray Television, Inc.