An unexpected wake up call this morning for guests at a Lexington hotel.
A fire at the Ramada Inn on North Broadway forced people staying there to evacuate the building for a while.
There was some confusion among guests about whether or not to leave their rooms. The fire alarm did go off, but fire officials say someone in the hotel's office turned it off. Some guests either stayed in their rooms or went back inside when the alarm stopped sounding.
Fire officials had to go door to door, to tell people they had to leave the building.
Fire officials say the fire started in some mulch outside the building. They aren't sure how the mulch caught fire, but say it could have been a cigarette. The outside of the building caught fire which then spread into the walls of the hotel.
No one was injured in the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.