Morning Fire Sends Man To The Hospital

A fire Thursday morning sent a Lexington man to the hospital.

The flames broke out this morning just before nine at Bluegrass Transmission, located on East 7th Street.

Firefighters say the business owner, Ronnie Cole, was working on a car. They say he was using a torch on the exhaust system when the vehicle caught fire, which then spread to the rest of the garage.

There was heavy smoke pouring from the building when fire crews arrived.

Cole suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital. Another person in the building escaped uninjured.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus