Woman Dies From Injuries After Wheelchair Caught Fire

A Covington woman has died after receiving severe burns when her wheelchair caught on fire.

62-year-old Joyce Wainscott died two days after the fire.

Covington police say it happened at the Goodwill Village Apartments when Wainscott apparently dropped her cigarette.

Officials say because of a medical problem she was unable to put out the fire herself in time.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus