A Lexington woman wants to know why someone poisoned two dogs in her care.
Meredith Peck said the dogs, both King Charles Spaniels, ate dog food tainted with rat poison and antifreeze.
It happened Friday at her home on Aurora Ave.
Peck said when she got home from work, she knew something was wrong.
"They were soak and wet, they looked like they had been in a bathtub, but it was really just urine from their kidneys, that were not functioning, or operating properly," Peck said.
Sadly, one of the dogs was put to sleep Saturday. The other dog is expected to make a full recovery.
Peck is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply