Fire damages Lexington apartment

By  | 

Lexington fire officials battled a fire that broke out just a few minutes before noon Wednesday at an apartment building on Georgetown Road. Two units received most of the damages, while power has been cut out to five homes.

The fire was near the Old Linlee Elementary School.

No one was injured in the fire, but several families are now looking for new places to stay.

The Red Cross has been out to help, bringing supplies such as bottled water and shampoo.

There were 5 units in the building, which had been converted from a motel.

Investigators are still trying to figure out what started the fire, but they do believe it was an accident.



Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus