Man saves family from burning Lexington home

By  | 

A man passing by a home spots smoke, then springs into action to save the family inside the burning home.

It started around 3:30 Sunday afternoon, on Larkspur Drive, in Lexington.

After the man alerted the family, he grabbed a hose and tried to fight the flames himself.

Investigators are calling the fire accidental, that possibly started from a gasoline lawn mower that was stored inside a storage room.

The fire was limited to the back of the home. The family of six is doing ok and spent the night in a hotel because their electricity was turned off because of the fire.

No one was reported injured.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus