An Estill County family will return home to ruins.
Neighbors detected the fire early this morning and called 911. Firefighters arrived on the scene and discovered that no family members were inside, however a family pet was found dead.
Authorities contacted the Richardson family, who are now on their way home from a family vacation in Florida.
Firefighters tell 27 NEWSFIRST that the fire started in the basement, quickly climbing up the stairs and consuming the house. Authorities say that the tin roof on the home trapped the heat inside, making the fire worse.
The home, which was up for sale, is now both unlivable and unmarketable. There is still no word yet on the estimated cost of damage the fire caused.
Authorities are unsure on what started the fire, however, an investigation is underway.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply