WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Space heater blamed for Lexington house fire

A space heater is being blamed for a fire which damaged a home this afternoon.

The fire broke out just after 2 p.m. on Meadowthorpe Avenue in Lexington.

No one was home at the time.

Investigators say the space heater was left around something flammable, which likely sparked the fire.

Firefighter says, during the winter, it's important to be careful around alternative heat sources.

The home was not destroyed but is not livable.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 79092852 - wkyt.com/a?a=79092852