Lexington duplex destroyed in fire

Firefighters tried to save a family's home Sunday morning, but the flames were just too much.

The duplex on Centre Parkway in Lexington caught fire around 10 o'clock this morning.

Fire investigators have now determined children playing with matches sparked a fire that has now left one family without a home this holiday season.

Fire officials say heavy fire conditions on the right hand side of duplex, entered into the attic and got into the second apartment as well.

We're told one of the two units will be spared, the other is a complete loss.

No injuries have been reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 79177467 - wkyt.com/a?a=79177467
Gray Television, Inc.