Couple escapes burning home

Firefighters credit a working smoke detector with saving the lives of two people early Monday.

The fire broke out in the home on Woodview Drive, in the Bell Place subdivision in Nicholasville.

Firefighters say a husband and wife woke up to the smoke detectors and got out in time.

However, they couldn't save two of their cats. 27 NEWSFIRST is told at least one of the residents tried running back inside the home to try to get the cats.

Firefighters think the fire started in the kitchen.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 79793972 -
Gray Television, Inc.