Family Dog Dies After Saving Owner From House Fire

A mobile home fire breaks out in Georgetown early this morning, fire officials say from an electrical problem.

Fire officials say Jimmy Rice Jr. was asleep when the fire started, but his pit bull Trinity barked to wake him up.

Rice managed to get out just in time, but Trinity did not. Family tells 27NEWSFIRST that Trinity got scared and decided to hide under the bed. Family says they tried to get her out, but it was too late.

Family tells us Trinity was to give birth in two weeks to a liter of puppies.

The Rice family is now making burial arrangements for Trinity.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus