An Estill County family is homeless following an early morning fire that destroyed their home. But they say they might not have made it out at all if it weren't for a hungry baby.
The fire happened in the middle of the night while the adults were sleeping.
"My sister's baby woke her up, ready for a bottle and she seen the smoke and hollered at us" said Shell Sneed, who owned the home.
As the house was becoming a wall of fire all around them the three adults began rounding up the five children in the house.
The flames spread so fast there was barely time to react and while losing everything they own is devastating, Sneed is still thankful for her nephew's urge to feed.