Storms that rolled across the date on Friday morning left one family devastated as lightning sparked a fire in their two-story home.
Just before ten Friday morning, the Jessamine County fire district was called to a smoldering scene off of Clear Creek Road.
A lightning bolt started a fire that quickly spread throughout the house. The homeowners were able to escape with their dog before the second floor caved in.
A few things were salvaged from the fire, but the house is considered a total loss.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply