Lightning Sparks Devastating House Fire

Storms that rolled across the date on Friday morning left one family devastated as lightning sparked a fire in their two-story home.

Just before ten Friday morning, the Jessamine County fire district was called to a smoldering scene off of Clear Creek Road.

A lightning bolt started a fire that quickly spread throughout the house. The homeowners were able to escape with their dog before the second floor caved in.

A few things were salvaged from the fire, but the house is considered a total loss.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus