Some scary moments on Wednesday afternoon for those living at a Lexington nursing home.
Someone mowing the lawn at the Pine Meadows Nursing Home, on Hill Rise drive, hit a gas line. That leak sent gas rushing into the air, not far from a transformer.
Witnesses say the powerful odor of the gas then filled the building. Firefighters quickly evacuated the nearly two hundred people inside.
Firefighters say fans were brought in to keep the patients cool as they waited outside for the gas to escape the building.
Firefighters gave the all clear after a few minutes and everyone was allowed back inside.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply