An investigation is underway at an Eastern Kentucky High School after an explosion seriously injured two maintenance workers.
Officials were forced to evacuate students from Letcher County Central High School after the explosion, which happened around 8:30 Tuesday morning.
Investigators say the workers were in a manhole near the school, working on a pump, at the time of the explosion.
They think the explosion was caused by propane gas, but they're not sure how it happened.
No students were hurt in the explosion. They were dismissed for the day.
The names of the workers have not been released. Officials say they were first taken to a local hospital, then transported to a hospital in Cincinnati.
We're told the workers suffered second degree burns, among other injuries.
School officials are waiting until the investigation is complete before deciding if classes at Letcher County Central will resume Wednesday.