Firefighters are investigating what caused an early morning explosion at a home.
Lexington firefighters say the blast happened early Tuesday in an underground storm shelter at a home on Glover Avenue, near Versailles Road.
Investigators say the homeowner had been storing old batteries and other things in the shelter. Firefighters think the batteries may have sparked the blast.
No one was hurt.
A shed adjacent to the home was also destroyed. A couple of the home's windows were also knocked out.
The blast could be felt for several blocks.