Family loses home in intense house fire

A central Kentucky family escaped their burning home early Thursday, but not before trying to put out the flames themselves.

Firefighters think the fire started in a dryer in the home on Crab Orchard Road, outside Lancaster in Garrard County.

One person had to be treated for exhaustion after trying to put out the fire. No one had to be taken to the hospital.

Everything in the home was destroyed. Firefighters remained on the scene for hours after the fire, making sure the fire didn't rekindle. They also say the roof could collapse.

Firefighters say the family is likely alive thanks to working smoke detectors.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 92957054 - wkyt.com/a?a=92957054
Gray Television, Inc.